Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Scribbled in Sharpie

I have many hats.

Almost too many to count.

 I have green hats, and black hats.
Purple hats and grey hats.
Even some snap backs. 
 And they all have memories.
Memories of coffee shops,
and sweaty concerts. 
Even dark alley ways with fireworks.
 But there is one specific hat,
One hat that will always be my favorite.
 The one you wore when you held my hand,
And the tingle in my fingertips,
kept me from holding yours. 
 The hat you wore,
When we first kissed, in my cars front seat after work that night.
The hat with our names inside it,

  Scribbled in Sharpie.

The hat that never left your head,
until the day you put it on mine.
 The hat that was our promise.
Our promise to never leave.
 The hat you would only let me touch.
The hat that was our forever.
And finally,
The hat I wore,
Standing under the street light,
       Watching you walk away..


I have many hats.
Almost too many to count.
But not one of these hats,
could compare to the one,


              That was yours.



7 comments:

  1. "But not one of these hats,
    could compare to the one,

    That was yours."


    crazy how something so ordinary (such as a hat) can have such a strong sentimental value to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #good
    Oh, is that hashtag not a thing? I don't care
    #good

    ReplyDelete
  3. "That was YOURS" #beenthere

    ReplyDelete
  4. You told a story by talking about hats...im amazed, SO good!!

    ReplyDelete