Monday, December 18, 2017

Make My Dreams Come True?

I have this dream, that I've never been able to get rid of. I've been dreaming it since I was a little girl, with innocence living in my eyes. 

I have a dream that there are no such thing as endings, and that anything that is meant to be, comes back.

I believe that love, should be the most difficult thing you should go through, and that the person you are supposed to be with is supposed to destroy you. Or you destroy them.

You are supposed to get hurt in love.

For I believe, that is the only way you know if it's worth the fight. That is the only way you know how much you really want to be with someone. You both need to know what life was like without another, and thats how you know, you never want to be without them again. 

My dream you ask? Is to be asked to be loved again, by someone who once knew me.

I want to be alone in bed, reading a book, or watching my favorite show. On a really bad day, just praying for the night to be over. Counting the minutes until daylight kisses the sky. Listening to my usual playlist of sad songs. The songs I don't show anyone, and haven't shown anyone.. except him.

And just when I'm about to call it a night, and give in to the nightmares.. I'll hear a knock on my door. 

It's him, whether its with flowers in his hand, or nothing at all. Just him. And it's enough. 
My heart would be racing, wondering what's going to happen next. My minds twisting and turning with thoughts. 

"I want you, always have. Always will." 

as the words leave his lips, tears will flood my eyes. Happiness glowing within me as I jump at him, wanting nothing more than to feel his arms around me. 

I dream that my happily ever after, will be with someone who has already left a mark on my heart. Not with someone new. I dream of starting over, not new beginnings. 
I want a love that comes back. I want, "real feelings, don't just go away". 

Most nights, I get this ache inside, hoping that tonight will be the night this happens. And I've spent so many months, anxiously waiting  for that soft knock on my door.

I've come to the acceptance that I will probably never have this fantasy come true. 

the problem is, I'm still dreaming.

I can't stand these nights alone.

I just want to hear your voice, again and again, and again.

I almost gave up this dream completely.

Because I almost forgot,
I almost forgot the way his lips felt against mine,
or how our bodies intertwined  perfectly, 
nestled under a pile of blankets.

I have so much of him in my heart,
and I almost forgot. 

Darling, you are all I ever wanted love to be.

and oh...

what I would give to sleep in your arms tonight..

So I guess I'm still silently dreaming.

I guess I haven't given up completely on this fantasy.

And I know I should, and deep down, I know it will never happen.

But I guess I'm still hoping..

And I guess..

I'm still secretly wishing... that its going to be with you.

My wish is you. Always.

We've been through so much, and still.
To this day,

I feel nothing but love for you.

I want to be with you until my last page.

So I guess it goes without saying,

I'd be his, if he asked.





No comments:

Post a Comment