Monday, March 21, 2016

You Left Your Mark.

I remember when you were a human.
Just a human.
Just a person.
I remember when you were just a passing face.

But then that changed.
Then you said hi.
Then you kissed my soul with
your words.
Then I became afraid.

I was afraid of the way you made me feel. 
I was afraid of how, one 
look from you..
         Made my knees weak..


I wasn't supposed to love you,
I wasn't supposed to fall for you.
I had to pretend that I didn't,
That I don't.
But I'm having a hard time convincing myself.


And now I'm afraid that you're 
always going to mean something to me.
You had left a mark on me.


I knew I was going to get hurt.
You could have anyone that you wanted.
It would be so easy for you to leave me.
But, I didn't want to risk,
not being with you.


I feared goodbyes.
I hated them.
I hated the void of what comes 
after them. 
The vulnerability..


So I'll swallow my words
and hope that I choke.
Because anything is easier 
than saying goodbye.

I look at you now and I don't see 
just an ordinary person.
I don't see a standard face.
Now..
Now you're noteworthy.


You became something so complex, that
I couldn't understand.
More complex than me.
And I found that intriguing.


But I was just a face to you.
Just a girl that was falling for you.
Someone that could distract you for
the time being.
I was colored pencils, instead of sharpies.

I wasn't permanent.
So you moved on.
You left.
You weren't afraid of goodbyes.
You were afraid of attachment.

But as for me,
I was afraid of letting go.
I was afraid of being forgotten.
Of being replaced.
I wish I wasn't though..


I wish you were still just
a human to me.
Like I was to you.
I don't want to look at you,
and see poetry.



3 comments:

  1. I'm snapping so hard over here, this is so good

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I was afraid of the way you made me feel.
    I was afraid of how, one
    look from you..
    Made my knees weak.."

    You put how I feel into words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I don't want to look at you, and see poetry."

    This line is exceptional. Love this post.

    ReplyDelete