Monday, March 7, 2016

Maybe Just One Dance?

Spring Fling is this Saturday.

My Senior year of Spring Fling.

Except, I'm not going.

Just like how I haven't gone to any other school dances.

Every guys choice dance, I don't get asked.

And every girls choice dance, I get turned down.

Instead, I sit in my sweats, with my hair in a messy bun.

I order takeout from my favorite place to eat.

And I have Netflix marathons of my favorite TV shows.

And all while I do this,

I am writing poems. Looking at others dance pictures on Facebook.

But before I do all of this,

I am helping my friends get ready for the dance.

Curling their hair, doing their makeup, etc..

Every time, they tell me,

"I bet you will go to the next one."

"You are too beautiful to not get asked."

"I don't know why guys aren't asking you, you're prettier than me."

But am I?

Am I the image of beautiful to them?

Or just an average girl?

Maybe one day I will get asked to a dance,

and maybe I won't.

And if I don't, that's okay.

I have embraced this loneliness of being alone.

As well as accepting the beauty,

That my first dance,

Will be on my wedding day.

In the arms of someone, who will always be willing

To have the first dance.

And man,
Am I looking forward to that.

The romantic angle of this photograph makes it even more stunning.:


#different

3 comments:

  1. I've never been asked either. I feel this post with everything I've got.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this made me feel better about not being asked to dances. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete