Friday, April 1, 2016

It's Gonna Be Messy


   I'm a jumbled up mess. Full of complications. I can never make up my mind. As I've said in my introduction, I call myself a paradox. Or more specifically, my mind is the paradox. I'm just the void. This post, this reveal, is going to be a jumbled up mess as well. It seems best fit. 

I'm a paradox.

I want to be happy, 

but I think of things that make me sad.
I'm lazy, yet ambitious. 
I don't generally like myself, but I
also love who I am. 
I say I don't care, yet most of the time
I do.
I crave attention, but reject it
when it comes my way.

I'm a conflicted contradiction.

I can't figure myself out, so 
there's no way anyone else 
has either.


And like the moon
she had a side of her
so dark, that even the stars
couldn't shine on it.
she has a side of her
so cold, that even the sun
couldn't burn on it.

I have a fear of Otter pops. Like,
legit not kidding. 


I believe that Spyro the dragon
is the most amazing game 
on the planet.
Besides, COD MW3,
or Black Ops 3.

There are days where
all I can think is,

"I just want to go home"

Even as I'm laying in
my own bed.

I believe in a lot of things.
I believe in moments, 
and kisses, and Mountain Dew.
I believe in books, and people,
and music that makes you 
feel something.
I believe in sunrise, and nights
with a full moon,
and all the moments inbetween.
I believe in the fact that we
are all made up
of star dust
and we have a part of the
universe within us.

Sometimes, I even
believe in love.

And it's a shame really,
because I believe in all things
but I don't believe
in myself.
Most of the time anyway.

This is me.

Me and my grey.
Me and my never ending
paradox.

This is me.

McKinzie Seeley.



7 comments:

  1. Nice, nice, nice. The part about attention. And I really liked all the things you believe in. Welcome to the real world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really loved this and it's making me think about my own reveal and now I'm trying to measure up to this because it's beautiful and I feel like I know you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEYUHHHH!!!!! You're adorable. This rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This reveal is fantastic! I'm a sucker for little facts about people. Good luck with that Otter Pop thing- I'm the same way with mirrors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "I'm a conflicted contradiction." This reveal is so good! Also if I'm wrong this is going to be so embarrassing but I'm 99% sure we were in the same drivers Ed group and we had to make a video about drunk driving and we had this one kid drive for the video even though none of us had our licenses and it was super ironic cause you know drivers Ed, haha anyways you're awesome and so is your blog

      Delete