Thursday, October 19, 2017

And it Rains.

I am alone, standing underneath a grey umbrella.
Everything is slow motion. 
The kids across the street, playing in the puddles.
The traffic following the rhythm of the stop light.
Low rumbles of the thunder,
even the slow numbing of my heart. 
Numb.
That was the world now.
That was the sky, and the traffic, and the puddle pooling around my boots, and the slight breeze tickling my cheeks. 
Numb.
I am numb.
The day you left,
The clouds turned dark,
and it rained, and rained,
and rained.
There's never a reason for the sudden change of weather.
But you changed.
Just like the weather.
It was unpredictable,
just like the weather.
The rain is my tears, and the thunder
is my breaking heart.
And here I am
Alone.
Standing underneath my grey umbrella.

No comments:

Post a Comment